Sunday, September 5, 2010

Week 2

Week 2 at Mize Attendance Center is over.  This was a long week!!  I stayed a total of 20 hours this week.  On Monday I stayed until 12:30 and Wednesday and Friday I stayed the whole school day.  When the kindergarten class came on Monday I read them the book Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten.  After we read the book I had them each a sheet of paper with their name typed on it.  I told them they could practice their name or draw an animal from the book.  They seemed to love this.  Some of the kids were excellent artists!  After they got done drawing we watched a short video based on the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.  The children really seemed to like all of these activities.  For 4th and 5th grade Mrs. Hughes read a book called Once Upon a Motorcycle Man.  It was sort of a fractured fairy tale and the classes discussed the different elements that make up a fairy tale.  On Wednesday I did the same activity with the other kindergarten class and Mrs. Hughes did the fairy tale activity with the 3rd and 4th grade classes that came.  The 1st and 2nd graders watched a movie.  Friday is jr. high and high school but their teacher only brings them every other week and she had brought them the week before, so Friday was a pretty quiet day.  One class of 6th graders and one class of 7th graders came in to check out books for book reports.  They were super rowdy!  I think they were excited for the 3 day weekend.  I know I was.  So Friday was spent straightening shelves and straightening the library and helping the 6th and 7th graders find appropriate books for their book reports.  Overall, I had another great week at Mize Attendance Center. 

No comments:

Post a Comment