Thursday, October 28, 2010

Final Week @Brandon Public Library

I am finished at Brandon.  Yesterday was my last day.  On Monday we had two Baby and Me storytimes.  For the second one I read the books.  We read, sang and danced, and then had play time for 15 minutes.  Most of the children were dressed in their Halloween costumes.  They were so sweet.
Yesterday, I led the preschool storytime all by myself.  The theme was pumpkins. We read 3 pumpkin themed books, sang and danced, and had cupcakes, cookies, and punch.  The children were also dressed in their costume.  We had a princess, Spiderman, a police officer with big muscles, and a pirate.  They were so sweet.

I am sad that my time at Brandon is over.  Just when I was getting to know the other workers there it was time to leave.  I feel like a learned a lot there.  I got lots of ideas for storytimes and crafts.  I also watched Rachel do a book order from Baker and Taylor.  On Monday I went with Ms. Jessica to the HQ office to use the Ellison machine to cut out pumpkin shapes for storytime.  I also really enjoyed getting to know the people that I was working with.

Overall, this was a great experience and I am so glad I got to do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment